Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Winter favourites

I'm sitting on my bed writng about winter favourites, while I have my window open and spring breeze is coming in! I know it's too weird living in Greece and all, but a mild winter is a great thing. To be honest, I am so done with the dark colours and all that jazz, I've already been sporting bright nails and coral lips, so it's already summer in February for me.

However, those 3 months I used lots of new products and I made some new favourites. Here we go!




MAKEUP


Wet n Wild trio palette in Silent Treatment
I don't know when I got it, but since I rediscovered it in my collection in January, it's been my go-to palette for eyeshadow. I wore the top peach colour all over the lid and the bottom for the crease and I was done!

Volume Million Lashes and Colossal Volume
My mascaras for winter were expectedly enough, volumising. I love them and I have repurchased them both.

Korres Professional Long Lasting eyeliner
So easy to use and doesn't smudge, so I can't really ask for more.

Garnier BB roll on concealer
This I got on a Garnier event, a couple weeks ago, but I wear it every single day since. I will do a proper review in a week or so, but I absolutely love it.

Maybelline FIT me powder
I have a bunch of powders, and I don't really use them that much due to my laziness, but I caught myself wanting to set my makeup with the FIT me powder every time. I t works really good.

Seventeen Finishing Powder in 02
My favourite higlighter for winter. Shimmery pink, subtle and gorgeous. I did a review here.

Seventeen Mat lipstick in 16
I don't really wear bright light pink listick and I've been through the MAC Snob phase years ago, but this one is something else. Really nice on your lips and you don't look like a Barbie wearing it.

The Body Shop lipstick in 11
My everyday lipstick for winter. It's a nice nude peach with teeny shimmers in it. It's sheer and moisturising, you don't really have to wear any lipsgloss with it.


HAIR



Kerastase Ciment Thermique
A great leave in cream that works as a heat protection. Amazing product and very easy to work with. Review here.

Phytovolume shampoo
Do I have to say Phyto is one of my all time favourite hair brands? I think you know it. Great shampoo, it gives a nice volume to my hair and smells fresh. Phyto doesn't dissapoint. Ever.

Macadamia Deep Repair Mask
When I don't use my DIY deep treatment recipes, I use this mask. Smells sweet and fresh and every time I use it, I feel I've been to a salon. Definately my holy grail deep treatment so far, I will be repurchasing it for sure.

Vogetti The Wonder Brush
Well, it was the holidays and I wanted some extra volume when I went out and about. I was doing some reasearch about teesing brushes and got a couple, but this was a winner. It's made for fine hair and doesn't damage it that much. Makes the whole process so easy. Plus it's cheap!

Pantene Deep Treatment for fine hair
I have to say that among many brands, Pantene makes great masks. I have tried a lot and this is definately better than some salon brands. You massage it on your hair and keep it for 3 minutes and rinse. Good for days that you don't want to wait a lot. You can see, I didn't have much time to spare those 3 months, so it's almost done.



SKINCARE


La Roche Posay Iso-Urea Lait 
I tried to use up some products, including some of my body butters and lotions. I went back to my Iso Urea and using this up is no easy task. It's not really a milk, it has a heavier texture, so you don't have to use a lot. I apply this every night and the next day my skin is velvety soft. 

Apivita Hydration Serum
I love it. It's a great moisturising serum and does a great job on my skin. It made a real difference on my skin. It's empty and I'm currently using my Caudalie SOS, but I'm thinking about repurchasing it. Review here.

RĂªve de Miel gel cleanser and lip balm
Gret products, definately worth the hype and money. A staple on my daily routine. Review here.

Apivita face scrub with olive and face mask with green clay
I have to say that I had tried the face mask with green clay before. I generally love Apivita masks, you can buy them in small satchels and come in handy. Now they have the new packaging, I love them even more. The face scrub with olive is just dreamy. It's not harsh at all, but you can feel it's dong a great job and leaves your face refreshed. They are half full and I'm definately repurchasing them.

Emu oil moisturising eye cream
Eye creams are a tough subject for me, because I had tried many brands in the past and they did nothing for my dark circles, they only moisturised my eye area a bit. This had great reviews on Feelunique, it was cheap and was 25 ml, so I got it. A real gem of an eye cream. It does a great job on dark circles, it's a good base for concealer and I can't recommend it enough. This is going to last me for at least 4 more months, it's a lot of product.



NAILS



Chanel Pirate
My favourite red for the holidays. Not very long lasting, but a very cheeful and striking red. Chanel nail polishes are not really worth the price, but I love Pirate and I did used it a lot the past months. 

Radiant Vitamine Force
I have to make a separate review for this one. It's my HG base and I since I got it, I never looked back.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
An amazing cream for my cuticles, gets easily absorb and smells like limes. I love it and use it every night.

OPI The World is Not Enough
It came with the Skyfall minis collection and I was seriously hooked. A great metallic pink gold colour. I'm still trying to keep myself from not buying the full size bottle.

Essie Masquarade Belle, Luxedo and Smokin Hot
I switched these three nail polishes all winter, so it was easy choosing them over others. Luxedo is a dark purple, almost black and looks amazing on your nails. Masquarade Belle is a deep bloor red, perfect for winter and fair skin. Smokin Hot was my favourite of the three. A brown with purple undertones, it looks very businesslike and put together.

I am in love with it. I'm really into nail stuff and I needed that in my life. Glass nail files don't damage your nails as other nail files would do. I will do a review about them tommorrow, plus there will be a little surprise for you, so keep your eyes peeled!


What are your winter favourites?

2 comments :

  1. Burt's Bees cuticle cream is really good, I use it all the time, I like that fact that it's not messy like cuticle oils are. And The Radiant Vitamine Force = pure love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your picks! the WnW triolooks great! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...